Individuals with business ideas and/or businesses that are interested in applying for acceptance into the Bay Area Entrepreneur Center may submit a completed Interest Form. Forms may be emailed directly or downloaded, printed, and sent to the Center.
How will successful BAEC candidates be selected?
Companies applying for tenancy at the Center will be selected according to the following criteria*:
- Application of a unique technology-based (low- or hi-tech) innovation.
- Although the venture does not have to have a proprietary product, service, or niche, it should envision a potential market and a competitive edge.
- An innovative concept or business idea that has clear deliverables.
- A realistic and creative business model that delineates a positive near-term (or quantifiable) positive cash flow.
- A business idea that is sustainable both short- and long-term.
- A dedicated owner and/or staff that are committed to the business’ success, by supplying full-time commitment to the venture and the ability to support the business owner and operations from early stage operations through continued growth.
- The contribution of the business to an innovative Bay Area economy, and creation of jobs and opportunities to local residents.
- A determination that the goals of the entrepreneur and BAEC are compatible and provide mutual benefit.
- Determination that a patent application or other intellectual property process can be initiated to protect the concept, if necessary.
- A realistic sense of the business’ potential to attract funding. BAEC will assist in attracting capital as the incubator participant participates in the program.
- The professional and educational experience of owner and personnel.
- The opportunity for maximum networking and cross-incubation of companies residing at BAEC.
*Other criteria such as tenant mix and factors unique to each company will also be considered.
Selection Time and Process
After you submit the completed Interest Form, notification of acceptance or denial will be between 15 and 30 business days. At least 3 members of the advisory board will confer and participate in the final decision. Summarized, the steps are:
- Submit an Interest Form.
- Take an informational tour of the Center. This will be scheduled once we receive your Interest Form.
- Provide a business plan, if you have one already. If not, the business plan may be completed as part of the BAEC experience.
- The BAEC staff and selected advisory board members will review your application.
- The applicant will be notified of their decision between 15 and 30 business days after the Interest Form is submitted.
- Successful applicants will then work with BAEC staff to determine date of occupancy and file remaining paperwork.
If you have questions regarding the Center, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.